Dallas Vein Specialists
Varicose Veins, Venous Leg Ulcers & Spider Vein Treatment Clinic
Dr. Lonnie L. Whiddon
Board Certified Phlebologist – Dallas Vein Disease Specialist
- General Surgery Residency University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- CardioThoracic Surgery Residency New York University Hospital and Bellevue Hospital
- First Successful Heart Transplant in North Texas
- Performed over 100 heart transplants
- Performed the heart transplant of the world’s first triple organ transplant procedure
- Best Doctors in Texas - Texas Monthly
- Best Doctors in Dallas - D-Magazine
- Board Certified in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Diplomate of the American Board of Phlebology (the diagnosis and treatment of vein diseases)
- For more information on Dr. Lonnie Whiddon >
Introducing CLaCS (Cryo Laser Cryo Sclerotherapy)
A Revolutionary New Treatment for Spider Veins and Prominent Blue Veins of the Legs and Feet
- CLaCS (Cryo Laser Cryo Sclerotherapy) treats both the surface spider veins and the "feeder veins" below the spider veins. The treatment consists of the following:
- Visualization of the below skin "feeder veins" using augmented reality (VeinViewer) allowing targeting for treatment
- Laser treatment of the "feeder veins" below the skin
- Laser treatment of the spider veins
- Sclerotherapy of the "feeder veins"
- Sclerotherapy of the spider veins
- Skin anesthesia: a numbing of the skin during the laser and injections with ice cold air blown on the skin resulting in minimal discomfort
- CLaCS results in better aesthetic appearance of the legs with more permanent results. Dallas Vein Specialists is the first to offer this remarkable procedure.
- For more information on CLaCS >
Bulging or Dark Veins beneath or about the Eyes
- What to do about veins that bulge or cause dark lines beneath or along side the eyes (on the temples)? Now there is a safe and effective treatment that will eliminate these unsightly veins without surgery or injections of chemicals.
At Dallas Vein Specialists we offer the best and safest treatment using a transdermal laser that targets only the vein leaving no skin damage. Over 2 to 4 treatments, usually performed 1-2 weeks apart, the vein or veins gradually diminish in size and finally are totally eliminated. Our results and patient satisfaction are excellent.
- For more information on Veins around the Eyes >
BEST DOCTORS 2013 - D Magazine
Dr. Whiddon among D Magazine's 2013 "Best Doctors"
- Dr. Whiddon has been named as one of D Magazine's BEST DOCTORS in Vascular Surgery for 2013. D Magazine asked 8,835 local doctors to vote for up to 3 doctors in 43 categories. They are asked to vote for doctors considering the following question: "Which Dallas doctors would you trust with the care of a loved one?" Doctors cannot pay to be listed.
Dallas Vein Specialists on CBS Channel 11
CoolTouch Laser Ablation
- Watch the CBS Channel 11 news segment on varicose veins that aired August 2, 2012.
- The news crew visited Dallas Vein Specialists and interviewed a varicose vein patient. The patient’s CoolTouch laser ablation procedure was filmed as performed by Dr. Whiddon.
Varicose Veins: Symptoms and Causes
Shannon Miller Lifestyle
- Dr. Whiddon was recently interviewed for a Health and Fitness website for Women. Read the full article on Varicose veins at Shannon Miller Lifestyle.
The Latest, Most Effective Procedure to Remove Unsightly Spider Veins
Dr. Whiddon discusses the CLaCS Procedure