Dallas Vein Specialists
Varicose Veins, Venous Leg Ulcers & Spider Vein Treatment Clinic
- Dr. Whiddon of Dallas Vein Specialists focuses on disorders and diseases of the veins with special emphasis on vein problems of the lower extremities - problems like varicose veins, spider veins, venous leg ulcers and more. Diagnostic and treatment measures are performed in office using state-of-the-art equipment and techniques, including Sclerotherapy, Laser Vein Removal (EVLT), Microphlebectomy (Ambulatory Phlebectomy) and Ultrasound-guided therapy. The emphasis at Dallas Vein Specialists is to obtain the best outcome with minimal or no pain and discomfort and to ensure a quick return to normal activities. Dr. Whiddon’s emphasis is always on achieving the best aesthetic results for his patients.
- For more information on Dallas Vein Specialists >
Dr. Lonnie L. Whiddon
Board Certified Phlebologist – Dallas Vein Disease Specialist
- General Surgery Residency University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- CardioThoracic Surgery Residency New York University Hospital and Bellevue Hospital
- First Successful Heart Transplant in North Texas
- Performed over 100 heart transplants
- Performed the heart transplant of the world’s first triple organ transplant procedure
- Best Doctors in Texas - Texas Monthly
- Best Doctors in Dallas - D-Magazine
- Board Certified in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Diplomate of the American Board of Phlebology (the diagnosis and treatment of vein diseases)
- For more information on Dr. Lonnie Whiddon >
International Meeting on Aesthetic Phlebology (IMAP) in Trancosa, Bahia, Brazil
- Dr. Whiddon recently attended the International Meeting on Aesthetic Phlebology (IMAP) in Trancosa, Bahia, Brazil, where he was a guest lecturer and presented an original clinical research paper. His host was Dr. Kasuo Miyake, who invented the CLaCs technique for treating unsightly spider veins and other veins of the legs and face.
- Dr. Whiddon has acquired knowledge and skills in CLaCs (Cryo Laser Cryo sclerotherapy), the lastest and by far the most effective treatment of unsightly veins of the legs and other parts of the body such as the face and chest areas. The aesthetic results are superior to the established techniques of sclerotherapy or laser treatment of spider veins and prominent veins of the skin. The CLaCs technique was pioneered by Dr. Kasuo Miyake of Sao Paulo, Brazil. Dr. Whiddon has spent extensive time with Dr. Miyake in his famous Brazilian clinic.
BEST DOCTORS 2013 - D Magazine
Dr. Whiddon among D Magazine's 2013 "Best Doctors"
- Dr. Whiddon has been named as one of D Magazine's BEST DOCTORS in Vascular Surgery for 2013. D Magazine asked 8,835 local doctors to vote for up to 3 doctors in 43 categories. They are asked to vote for doctors considering the following question: "Which Dallas doctors would you trust with the care of a loved one?" Doctors cannot pay to be listed.
Dallas Vein Specialists on CBS Channel 11
CoolTouch Laser Ablation
- Watch the CBS Channel 11 news segment on varicose veins that aired August 2, 2012.
- The news crew visited Dallas Vein Specialists and interviewed a varicose vein patient. The patient’s CoolTouch laser ablation procedure was filmed as performed by Dr. Whiddon.
Varicose Veins: Symptoms and Causes
Shannon Miller Lifestyle
- Dr. Whiddon was recently interviewed for a Health and Fitness website for Women. Read the full article on Varicose veins at Shannon Miller Lifestyle.
VeinGogh Vein Removal System
Dallas Vein Specialists Treat Fine Spider Veins of the Legs and Face
- "VeinGogh: The Art of Vein Treatment” is an exciting new technology… and we at Dallas Vein Specialists are the first vein clinic in Dallas to offer this superior vein removal system.
- Click thumbnail to watch VeinGogh vein removal >
- May be used for any skin type, on any part of body
- Immediate Results
- Treats fine spider veins or telangiectasia of the legs and face that are resistant to sclerotherapy, laser or IPL
- Treats cherry angiomas, small hemangiomas, skin tags, spider nevi, and even the redness of rosacea…
- For more information on VeinGogh Vein Removal >
New Minimally Invasive Treatment for Varicose Veins
Dr. Whiddon's Latest Blog - August 2013